Aim and objectives:
The aim of the Offshore Crane Operator Stage 1 Training Programme is to provide the delegate with the basic knowledge and skills required of an Offshore Crane Operator.
The key objectives are:
- To introduce the delegate to crane operations terminology.
- To ensure the delegate can identify and explain key elements of relevant legislation.
- To ensure the delegate understands the role and responsibilities of the offshore crane operator and safety implications attached to that role.
- To ensure the delegate understands the main crane controls, safety devices, working limitations, associated hazards and safe work practices of an offshore crane operator.
- To ensure the delegate understands typical crane maintenance and inspection requirements.
- The delegate to practice operating a crane and crane simulator following a basic lifting plan - after receiving instruction from qualified training staff.
This training programme has been designed for personnel that have little or no crane operating experience and wish to gain theoretical and practical knowledge of offshore crane operations.
Delegates must provide evidence of a medical/eye exam test to confirm their depth of vision and that they are not colour blind.