Aim and objectives:
The aim of the Confined Space Awareness Standard is to introduce delegates to the way in which confined spaces are defined and recognised; the specific regulations and guidelines; hazards; control measures; roles and responsibilities, and testing.
The objectives of the Confined Space Awareness Standard are that delegates will be able to understand:
- Applicable regional legislation and guidelines
- Confined space definitions and recognition
- Hazards associated with confined spaces
- Hazards arising from work conducted in confined spaces
- Roles and responsibilities for confined space entry including restrictions i.e what certain roles should not do
- Atmospheric testing in confined spaces
- Safe Systems of work for confined spaces (incl. PTW where applicable)
- PPE and RPE and equipment used in confined spaces
- Communication methods when working in confined spaces
- Emergency procedures, rescue plans and required equipment
This training programme is designed for personnel across the energy sector who require a theoretical understanding and awareness of Confined Spaces, associated hazards and guidance.
Standards in this Suite
The aim of the ‘Confined Space Entry’ Suite is to introduce delegates to the way in which confined spaces are defined and recognised.
The Suite includes Combined Space Awareness, Confined Space Entry and Rescue from a Combined Space.