UKCS Workforce Dynamics Review Business Breakfast May 10th 2018
OPITO, in partnership with RGU’s Oil and Gas Institute, has undertaken a UKCS Workforce Dynamics review to assess the industry skills requirements over the next 20 years. The review focuses on three key areas:
- A high level mapping and characterisation of the current UKCS workforce
- A high level assessment of the impact of innovation and new technology on the UKCS workforce
- The development of high level scenarios for future UKCS workforce requirements.
We have received fantastic industry support for this review. The information collected over the last few months comprised representative data from both the operator and supply chain communities. The workforce data which has been collected totals c. 34,000 roles, representing c. 50% of the gross operated production in the UKCS and c. 20% of the total UKCS direct and indirect workforce. The data provides a unique insight into the make-up of the oil and gas workforce engaged in the UKCS as well as future expectation for skills requirements.
The review will be formally launched at a business breakfast in Aberdeen, Scotland.
Confirmed speakers at the event include:
- John McDonald, CEO of OPITO
- Paul de Leeuw, Director of RGU’s Oil & Gas Institute
- Ray Riddoch, Nexen Managing Director U.K. & SVP Europe & OGUK Co-Chair
- Sian Lloyd Rees, Aker Solutions UK Country Manager and SVP for Europe and Africa
Date: Thursday 10th May 2018
Time: 7am – 9am
Location: The Sir Ian Wood Building, Robert Gordon University, Garthdee Road, Aberdeen, AB10 7GJ
Please register your interest at email@example.com