BOSIET - Basic Offshore Safety Induction and Emergency Training
Amendment 4 Date: 29/01/2013
The aim of the BOSIET is to introduce delegates to the specific safety issues and regimes relevant to offshore installations, and to equip them with the basic emergency response knowledge and skills for travelling to and from offshore installations by helicopter.
The objectives of the BOSIET are that delegates will be able to:
- Identify the generic hazards which are specific to offshore oil and gas installations, potential risks associated with those hazards, and how controls are put in place to eliminate or reduce risks.
- Identify key offshore related safety regulations and explain the basic safety management concepts
- Demonstrate that they can use the safety equipment, and follow procedures in preparing for, and during helicopter emergencies with particular focus on escaping from a helicopter following ditching
- Demonstrate sea survival and first aid techniques
- Demonstrate that they can effectively use basic firefighting equipment, and practise self-rescue techniques in low visibility situations, to include smoke filled areas.
The BOSIET training programme is designed for personnel new to the offshore oil and gas industry
No pre-requisites required
The optimum ‘contact time’ for the BOSIET training programme is 21 hours and 5 minutes and can be carried out at an OPITO approved training provider.